- This event has passed.
Screenprinting 102, December 2021
December 11, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$206.00
Whether you’re working towards studio certification or simply interested in moving beyond one-color basics, this class will help you kick your screenprinting game up a notch!
“I wanted to learn how to register multi-color prints. This was the perfect way to learn what I needed to know.“—Workshop Attendee
Members Save 10%! Start or renew your membership to save on your workshop registration >>
Ready to move beyond a one-color screenprint? In this silkscreen workshop, you will learn to design and register multi-layer prints. You will use overlapping layers to expand the color range of a print and continue to explore screenprint’s creative possibilities.
Level: Intermediate—Screenprinting 101 (6-hour workshop) or similar screenprinting experience is required.
Registration closes December 2, 2021. Material fees are included with your registration, though a small list of additional items needed will be sent with your confirmation.
Featured image by Clare Winslow.
Please Note (as of September 10, 2021): Pyramid values the health and wellbeing of our artists, teachers, students, staff, and visitors. At this time, we are choosing to remain more conservative than many local ordinances and require mask wearing in all public spaces in the building.
Taking an in-person class at Pyramid has potential for close physical contact between the students and teachers. As part of our commitment to providing a safe work environment and reducing the potential exposure or transmission of Covid-19, we request that on the first day of class you provide either proof of vaccination or proof of recent negative Covid-19 test results (within 72 hrs). If you are unable to provide these documents, please contact the front desk for a health screening questionnaire. Pyramid will offer a full refund to anyone at any time if they feel unwell or that they may put others at risk of exposure.
Please contact us with any additional questions or concerns.
- Date and Time: Saturday, December 11 10am-4pm, In-Studio at Pyramid
- Instructor: Adi Segal
- Materials: Registration includes a $50 materials fee to cover consumable materials, including a new screen for you to take home to continue experimenting with multi-color layerings. In addition, students will need to bring the following items:
- Personal silkscreen – this is in addition to the one included with material fees (you’ll need two for class). If you don’t have a second screen, Pyramid will provide a loaner for class use.
- Personal apron, or clothes that can get a bit messy
- Pencil and paper (if you want to take notes)
- High contrast, black and white images to work with (more specific details will be provided by the instructor)