Pyramid Atlantic now offers a paid internship opportunity for college or post-college artists. Our interns are a core part of the Pyramid team, gaining hands-on experience in printmaking, papermaking, and book arts. Interns work with various communities, including the general public and professional artists while gaining an experience in the day-to-day operations of a non-profit art center and gallery.
Internships are 11 weeks, with interns working 10am-4pm on Wednesdays and Fridays of each week. In addition, interns are expected to work on their art at least once a week (Thu, Sat, or Sun).
Typical Intern Tasks:
• Maintaining the studios for visiting artists, renters, and outreach events
• Helping in the gallery with exhibition preparation, installation, and de-installation
• Assisting in the production of prints or handmade paper
• Setting up and breaking down evening programs
• Assisting at events (gallery openings, fundraisers, artist talks, etc.)
• Working at the front desk
• Preparing for workshops (setting up studios, prepping materials, coordinating with instructor)
Compensation and Benefits:
• Interns will be paid an honorarium of $2,000, broken up into payments made monthly or bi-weekly as the intern prefers. Note: Housing is not provided. • Interns may book studio time at no cost to work on their art
• Interns may take one workshop of their choice, paying only for material fees
• Interns will be able to participate in a critique session with the Artistic Director and visiting artists
Candidates should have a strong interest in printmaking, bookmaking, and/or paper making, be highly motivated, and be comfortable working in a studio environment.
• Letter of Intent
• Resume or CV
• 4-5 images of the applicant’s artistic work
• 3 professional references
Summer 2024 Studio Internship Program Runs May–August, 2024
Application Deadline: March 2024
Spring 2025 Studio Internship Program Runs February–May, 2025
Application Deadline: November 2024